Indian Stock Market Tips
What is Indian Stock Market?
Here we will look at the facts related to Indian Stock market to increase the money invested in it. If you want to be successful trader then you must have accurate Indian Stock Market Tips.
- Indians are immensely equity averse. Only 1.2 percent of the Indian household financial savings are openly invested in shares. This is equal to a pathetic figure of 2.5 Billion dollars for the whole Indian household population.
- In a particular month Foreign Institutional Investors invested $8.89 Billion in the Indian stock markets. During the same period, domestic institutions like mutual funds, insurance companies etc, sold around $4 Billion worth of entities.
- There are two main stock exchanges for Equity Trading in India. They are the Bombay Stock Exchange and the National Stock Exchange. BSE is considered as the oldest stock exchange in Asia and claims to have the biggest number of listed companies in the world. However, of the 8900 scrips listed, only about a third are traded every day.
- The turnover in the Equity Cash segment of the National Stock Exchange is around $3 billion on daily basis. While that of Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE) is around half a billion dollars.
- The National Stock Exchange has domination in the Equity Derivatives market. It ranks very high in the global rankings for the number of contracts traded – Second in Stock Index Options, Third in Stock Index Futures and third in Single Stock Futures. The daily turnover in the derivatives segment is near about $30 Billion.
- Around 70 percent of the trading volume is done by the top hundred brokers.